Beacon Rock Golf Course Men’s Club, an Oregon Golf Association club, strives to:
- Stimulate interest in golf by bringing together a group of golfers desirous of forming a golfing organization
- Promote and foster among the members a closer bond a fraternity for their joint and mutual benefit, and to promote and conserve the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions.
- Encourage conformance to the USGA Rules of Golf by creating a representative authority.
- Maintain a uniform system of handicapping as set forth in the USGA Handicap System and issue USGA Handicap Indexes to the members.
- Provide an authoritative body to govern and conduct club competitions.
Membership in the BRGC Men’s Club costs $46 per year and entitles members to:
- USGA Handicap Index
- Eligibility to participate in weekly games and major championships
- Subscription to Pacific Northwest Golfer Magazine
- Free membership in the Pacific Northwest Golf Association. You’ll be joining more than 500 clubs and 175,000 golfers in the region in support of the game of golf. You’ll also be able to participate (where eligible) to play in any of the 13 regional championships conducted by the PNGA.
Each Sunday at 8 am, 9 am in March and late October to the end of the season, from the first weekend in March through November, the BRGC Men’s Club conducts its weekly game. Entry fee for the weekly game is $6 ($3 into the prize fund, $1 for closest-to-the-pin contests and $1 into the BRGC Scholarship Fund) including the optional $1 entry into the Hole-in-One Fund. Game formats alternate between individual and team competitions, but always allow the player to post a score for handicap purposes. One-third of the field and ties, plus closest-to-the-pin winners – one per par-3 hole – win prize money in the form of BRGC Gift Cards. Hole-in-One Fund money is paid out to a member who makes an ace during a club event, less $50 for a trophy. If no one makes an ace during the season, the fund is rolled over into the General Fund. Click Here for last week’s game results.
Season long Eclectic Championship.
Back for the 2013 schedule is a season long eclectic tournament. This personal best ball event runs until the final monthly meeting of the season, the first Sunday of October. Rules are available here. For current 2013 standings cliick here.
Three major championships are conducted each season:
- Spring Handicap – First Sunday in May. For current results click here. 2012 Champion – Jason Ward; Net Champion – Matt Hagan
- Match Play Championship – Qualifying last Sunday in June. For current results click here. 2011 Champion – John Ward
- Club Championship – Expanded to 36 holes for 2013 season. First round is the fourth Sunday in September with the final round the following week, for complete 2011 results click here. 2011 Champion – Jason Ward; Net Champion – Stan Brock
Entry fee for each major is $15 ($12 for the prize fund and $3 for the Scholarship Fund) with optional $2 entry for closest-to-the-Pin contests and $1 for the Hole-in-One Fund. Prize distribution is the same as the weekly games.
2012 Board of Directors
- John Ward- President
- Jason Ward- Vice President
- Dennis Caird- Secretary/Treasurer
- Stan Brock- Tournament Chairman
- Bill Konoske – Handicap Chairman